5 Steps to Hosting a Special Party
1. What’s the goal of the party?
- Are you honoring someone special? Celebrating a birthday? Hosting a traditional “girlfriends” dinner?
2. Do you want it to revolve around a certain “theme”?
- Be careful here, you don’t want it to be too cheesy or overdone. But, you do need a “direction” so you can come up with some adjectives to describe your intended vision.
3. Get inspired!
- Read blogs, cruise Pinterest, flip through books… seek out inspiration. My personal favorite source is a book called Soiree by Danielle Rollins.
4. Come up with a drink and food menu.
- Always have a drink ready to hand your guests upon their arrival. It doesn’t have to be a cocktail, just offer them something. I like to have a tray on my entryway table, bedecked with a special drink fit for the occasion. As my guests arrive, I have something special ready to greet them with.
- I am partial to real, tear-open-the-envelope invitations. I love the ritual of making sure the invitation fits my party’s “direction”, I love addressing the envelopes, and the feeling of knowing my guests will get something personal in the mail. Everyone loves mail, especially pretty mail. It’s just one way the host can make their guests feel special.